Strategic financial advice
Defined benefit super schemes
Evans and Partners have experience with public service superannuation and pension schemes including:
- CSS (Commonwealth Superannuation Scheme)
- PSS (Public Sector Superannuation Scheme)
- DFRDB (Defence Force Retirement and Death Benefits Scheme)
- MSBS (Military Benefits and Superannuation Scheme)
- SSS (State Super Scheme)
- SASS (State Authorities Super Scheme)
- ESSS (Emergency Services and State Super) – ESSS Revised Scheme, ESSS New Scheme, ESSS Defined Benefit
- defined benefit super schemes from corporate entities including UniSuper, Telstra and Qantas.
If you are a member of a defined benefit super scheme, we can help you to:
- determine appropriate level of contributions while maintaining cash flow
- understand benefit entitlements to make the right choice in respect to your objectives, cash flow, tax implications and superannuation structures
- navigate the tax impacts while contributing as well as in retirement
- assess options available with a redundancy offer, including reviewing future work intentions, tax considerations and your financial position.
- align your defined benefit scheme with your other retirement savings.
Public service redundancy packages
Your adviser can assist in working to maximise redundancy payments if you are made redundant under a public service superannuation structure, with advice on:
- available options when accepting a redundancy
- whether to use the payment to pay down debt or invest in superannuation
- the optimal tax treatment of your redundancy and leave payments
- the impact of redundancy on your financial position and retirement plans
- broader financial strategies to meet your retirement goals.